Sunday, September 6, 2009

HUM-ay Gosh!! ahahahah!

"HUMANITIES ZERO FOURTEEN, Oh well... another BORING course for me... at least I won't have CS this time... I would be able to meet new friends, and that's a plus for me!" This was my initial reaction when I got my list of new courses to take for my first term in my 2nd year...

"I stand corrected." Was all I said when we had our first meeting in HUM014. It wasn't boring, really. The load of works and the words that were used were beyond my imagination. I never thought that I would encounter such. I was used into thinking that Humanities don’t catch my slightest attention. But because of the fact that I love reading books and stories, it tickled my mind that I might as well enjoy this course for the whole term. And I was never wrong. Even if the demands were so high. The stories needed to be finished, the essays and reactions, the blogs to be updated, the projects, reporting’s, this and that… woooh beybeh! Also thinking of the fact that HUM014 was a 3-unit course?! Man, give me a break!

Okay, so going away from the complaints and miseries I have received from Humanities; let us talk about the good side of it…

THE CASTS:

MA’AM JOAHNA TOLEDO-EDUARTE - The first time I have entered the room, I have noticed the face of our dearest professor. Not that I am making myself closer to Ma’am or being ‘sip-sip’ I have really noticed that she has a resemblance with my cousin (of course a girl). Her choices of words were just a WOW! Words I haven’t heard yet. But she had made me realize that I have something good in me (though I know I am really good), but she has taught me more, to explore and go deeper into my own self. She surfaced the hidden knowledge in me. I made a good tanaga and made good, scholarly comments about literary works I have read. She is just definitely something. Thanks for everything ma’am!

MEG – I still hate you though! Ahahahahah! You really are great in Humanities… a classmate to look up to. But wait! There’s more! Ahahahah! Don’t forget that when it comes to written exams, your score and mine never makes a big difference… you know!

ABIE – I have nothing to say… but do you still remember our fans club… not the Mr. Right… but MEGGY’S, where the two of us were the sole members.

LARA – Stupida! Isn’t there anything that you cannot do right?! Ahahahahah! You’re a good actress, a good speaker. All praises for you! You'll never know, maybe after graduating as an engineer and suffering the entire math’s you will be a renowned broadcast journalist or a host! JOKE! Good luck to you!

LEA – Bastos! You pervert! You vile and wretched man! You good for nothing—well, even though we’ve been only thoroughly introduced for the last few weeks of the term, still, we've been able to become friends. After the performance, I knew that you have a great potential… to be a good servant. An actress I mean! You’ll never know what lies ahead. Wow, I'm flattered about the compliment that I am one of the funniest man you've ever met. Am I really that funny? Ahahahahaha!

EDWARD – well, there’s nothing I can say so much about you because we have never been able to talk formally… or have we even talked to each other?! Maybe I can simply say ‘till we meet again!’ so we can at least talk.

LEX – hey you! Ahahahahahah! I have nothing to say… I am speechless! Just be good!

ATE EZRHA - aww,, you always smile at me when we see each other! (ayiee!!) joke!!

MERY – good to have you in the club! Ahahahahah… you just laugh a lot… that’s what I have observed.

JESHCA – hey! You’re our assistant director! And a good source of yellow pad! Thanks!

KUYA MARK – thanks for being the camera man always. And you were one of the first people I have been acquainted the first week… when we were grouped to talk about our views on what is literature.

KIM & RALPH – you were always so quiet. There’s nothing I can say.

AND TO THOSE WHOM I HAVE NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO FORMALY TALK TO – these people can be called as “Jenny and the Boys at the back” the naughty and noisy people, those who occasionally come in late, the jokers, the noise makers and the starter of the teases. Yet you make the class livelier. It would have never been the same without you, you know.

EVENTS THAT HAPPENED:
The Play Production – even though it was only a small production, it was something everybody looked forward to. Almost everybody, if not all, were ecstatic about it. It showed the hidden actors in everybody. It made a good bonding among us, especially the group where I belonged: D MUCHACHAS.

The numerous reports – though there’s a number of it, and we were required to do in almost every literary works we have discussed, it made us look deeper into the meanings of the contexts we are reading. It has helped us in having more confidence when speaking in front and promoted our PR.

The long Exams – though the effort of reviewing for it was big, it was worth it. I have received good grades in it though I have never expected them.

The Pretenders (reading the book) – ahahahah! A very long story! It was good though. It is a book worth reading. And still I bet that not everybody’s finished with it! :P

I can say that Humanities was the one that gave me a break that I was looking for. After a tiring and brain exploding-exhausting session in Chemistry, I always find comfort when I would remember that Humanities was the next subject.

A LAST MESSAGE TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU:
First of all, I would like to thank the good Lord that He has given me the opportunity to meet all of you. I have learned many things in this course and I am still hoping that the acquaintances would eventually progress to being friends. May we all remember and apply the thoughts and knowledge that the stories, writers, authors and poems have given us. This may sound so dramatic and gay, but I would still like to thank all of you! God bless us all.

*Ma’am Eduarte told us to make an essay about the class but I think I have made a speech. Anyways, I have enjoyed saying all of what’s written here.

No comments:

Post a Comment